Business Operations Manager
The BOM role (& the Technicians who report into this role) are critical to the future success of ICE Cleaning – to create excellent relationships with our customers, delivering best in class service and increasing these customers’ commitment to & support for our brand.
Reporting to one of the Founding Directors, the BOM role will oversee the daily workings of the company’s operations in delivering cleaning projects of varying durations, designing & implementing the necessary plans & processes & managing each job to achieve excellent & timely customer service outcomes.
A key deliverable of the BOM role is to ensure ICE Cleaning maintains our top-rated customer satisfaction scores.
This will be achieved via attracting, retaining & motivating a team of technicians that can deliver these exceptional customer service ratings and be accountable for all key metrics, most notably all measures of customer satisfaction – e.g. Trust Pilot.
In parallel with providing this excellent service, the BOM is also responsible for maximising effectiveness & efficiency in the delivery of all projects to achieve Company profitability objectives.
Through the daily management of the team, he/she will identify the gaps in training and provide coaching & problem-solving skills to equip the team for success.
A key aspect of the role will be thorough planning – defining & reviewing KPI Metrics & CRM data – in order to deliver an ongoing edge in customer service, enabling us to leverage the USPs of our business such as ICE Shield.
This role will also input into the structure and organisation required to achieve excellence in the company’s operational activities.
- Manages the growth and success of the operations team – defining KPI’s and ensure they are consistently met
- Co-ordinates all activities that affect operational decisions and business requirements – e.g. stock, vehicles, technicians, sub-contractors
- Responsible for all job scheduling, fully utilising the CRM (Big Change) system
- Communicates with all relevant operations staff to ensure delivery times are met
- Plans, schedules, and reviews workload and manpower to ensure targets are being met on a cost-effective & profitable basis
- Manages stock control and checks that inventory records are accurate
- Ensures the team has visibility on lead times for all service lines.
- Provides guidance to each technician to create a detailed work schedule based on strict timelines
- Communicates any changes in delivery dates to relevant parties
- Purchases materials and services required for job delivery, initially in consultation with Founding Director
- Confirms that all health and safety regulations are followed, both at HQ and on customers’ sites
- Ensures each technician delivers a consistently exceptional standard of customer service
- Sets clear and achievable service performance objectives for each member of the team
- Manages conduct, performance and attendance of all technicians
- Implements development and learning plans for technicians
- Involvement in recruitment and selection of new staff
- Ensures regular technical coaching is conducted and results reviewed as appropriate
- Ensures technicians are equipped with the right skills, knowledge and competencies to achieve success in all project work to which they are assigned
- Ensures compliance with all legislative requirements, including Data Protection Act, GDPR etc.
- Inspires, leads and motivates the operations team
- Educated to A Level standard plus minimum 5 x GCSE’s or equivalent
- Degree level qualification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within an operations management role.
- Conversant with operations duties & relevant quality control procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Track record of operations success & achievement
- Passion for excellent service to customers and consumers
- Demonstrable leadership & interpersonal skills
- Excellent at building relationships at all levels
- Fully understands the essentials of fleet management, project costings & HR & CRM Management systems
- Experience of health & safety management systems
- Experience of estimating & procurement systems
- Knowledge of Cleaning Services Market
- Combination of operational excellence & Customer/Account Management experience
- Current holder of CSCS card and SMSTS qualifications
Excellent Communicator - able to present and communicate at all levels
Driven to achieve results – an individual who is hungry to achieve short & longer-term targets and can use analytical tools to support optimal decision making
Works at Pace - able to execute projects at speed through excellent organisation; achieves tight deadlines
Strong Team Player - Takes feedback constructively, but equally demonstrates strong and credible point of view
Inspiring and energetic approach - a 'can do, boundary-pusher', with the courage of his/her convictions, able to encourage and motivate those around them
Passion for Customer Service - an individual not afraid to take risk & maintain a genuine passion for our proposition & our customers.
Performance Driven – an individual who strives for great performance and the best outcome in every situation.
Achieving their Best- an individual who is constantly stretching and developing themselves.
Reporting Line, Structure or Org Chart, Key Working Relationships:
Reporting in to Founding Director; all Technicians team as direct reports; key internal relationships with Finance, Marketing and internal/external sales team; externally with clients – B2B and home-owners.
Scale and Scope of Role:
Office based with regular travel to key customers & work sites. Financial value of role/responsibilities – overseeing c. £3m of revenue, growing to c. £10m in 2 years.
Potential Career Development Opportunities – Next Possible Steps:
Director of Operations.
Jobs completed per day/week/month; profitability per job; resource utilisation %’s; employed resource utilised vs. sub-contracted; all customer satisfaction metrics.
How to apply
Please send a covering email and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: you will be required to come into our Head Office in Kent.