Trainee Technicians / Technicians
Reports to: Operations Manager
Overall responsibility and purpose of role:
The main purpose of the Trainee Technician & Technician roles is to carry out varied cleaning tasks using various techniques and then to provide ongoing maintenance of our customers properties on a regular basis, fulfilling our full contractual obligations to our client base.
- Carry out cleans on Sewage Floods, Fire & Water Damage, Drainage Systems, Stone & Masonry Cleans, Trauma & Biohazard Cleans, Crime Scenes Catering Units & any additional cleaning which is deemed bespoke as specified in the contract or job instructions given, including utilisation of ICE shield.
- Determining the full extent of the clean required at each individual property.
- Performing activities related to cleaning, specialist cleaning, reactive cleaning, minor maintenance, and graffiti / paint removal, applying necessary chemicals and cleaning liquids to surfaces to remove dirt and stains easily and effectively, and to leave surfaces hygienic and safe.
- Carry out heavy duty cleaning tasks and specialist projects as may be required.
- Reactively adapt to the request of the customer and business at any given point this includes any instances where the sales team identify any areas where the customers services could be extended to include other tasks whilst on site.
- Identify and offer advice to the customer that helps them achieve a healthy, safe, and stable environment within their business.
- Utilise our own internal company driven CRM system to write up full and detailed written reports & recommendations which also acts as best advice for our customer.
- All tasks must be carried out following our health and safety procedures, including those relating to COSHH, which will include carrying out required company risk assessments and method statements.
- Cleaning tasks will require the job holder to work alone and/or as part of a team depending on the requirements of the job.
- Ensure all equipment entrusted to you is kept clean and well maintained.
- To carry out any other tasks as may be reasonably requested of you by the business to meet its ongoing needs and those of the customer.
- This role involves 40 Hours Weekly (Variable) due to nature of our client Base and customer requirements usually operating within the hours of 0600 to 2100 hours.
- Previous experience of specialist cleaning and/or maintenance duties
- Good communicator & relationship builder with great customer focus and a can-do attitude
- Able to work alone or part of a team
- An ability to work varied hours usually, but not always limited to, between the hours of 06.00 to 21.00 hours to adapt to the needs of our customers
- Must be in possession of Full Driver’s License (detailing no more than 6 penalty points)
- Able to complete & document (using a smart phone application) an acceptable amount of work each day
- Full Compliance with UK & European legislation at all levels
- Abide by company driven legislation. (Computer use, Driving Standards, Smoking in vans Etc)
- DBS Cleared
- A reasonable level of fitness to be able to use the cleaning equipment and perform the required cleaning tasks.
- Able to read instructions on chemicals worked with and follow the written guidelines relating to health and safety (COSHH)
- BICSC - The British Institute of Cleaning Science
- CITB - Construction Industry Training Board
- IPAF - International Powered Access Federation
- PASMA - Prefabricated Access Suppliers' and Manufacturers' Association
- IOSH - Institution of Occupational Safety and Health
- NACSC - National Academy of Crime Scene Cleaners
- CSCS - Construction Skills Certificate Scheme
Full Training & PPE will be provided.
£25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
How to apply:
Please send an email with your covering letter and CV to our Head of Operations Dan Louder - [email protected]